How to: Wash & care | Specific fabrics
- Viscose: Products made of viscose tend to shrink naturally from washing. After washing, you can bring these items back into shape by steaming or ironing them.
- Sweaters and cardigans tend to pill. So, make sure you don’t wash these items together with sharp objects, like buttons or zippers. Or use a laundry bag!
- Cotton: Never let cotton dry in bright sunlight, this fabric is easily discoloured.
- Wool: Items containing wool should never be spun on a high setting. This can make your garment shrink two sizes. Also, never hang woolen clothing on a hanger, as it will lose its shape.
- Synthetic fabrics: Use fabric softener to make these fabrics less electrostatic.
- Polyester and polyamide: Try to avoid using clothes pegs as much as possible, as they can leave very visible marks on the fabric.