Resize your watch strap with a special watch link remover tool
The easiest way to resize your steel watch strap is to use a watch link remover tool.
What you'll need:
● A watch link remover tool
●A small pair of pliers
●A buffing cloth
● A small hammer
How to resize your watch strap using a watch link remover tool:
1. Start by determining the number of chains you want to remove.
2. Turn the spring pin in your remover tool all the way back.
3. Place your watch strap upside down and make sure the pin of the link you're wanting to remove is right in front of the spring tool.
4. Turn the spring in your tool, so the pin is pushed out of the link.
5. Pull out the pin using your fingers or the pliers.
6. Have you removed all of the necessary links? Turn your watch strap back around and push the pin back into place.
7. Firmly press the pin into place. If necessary, protect your watch with a buffing cloth and use a hammer to lightly hammer the pin into place.